Mental Wellness - Finding The Balance
Eliminate All Stressors
Creating A New Routine
Whether you are creating a new routine or tweeking an already existing, one it's a must to establish a routine that will keeps you balanced. Creating a routine will also keep you discipline and make your days more purposeful.
Below are some pointers of how I start my day.
- Wake up with a prayer and gratitude, thankful to see another day.
- Mentally scan my day, what has already been planned and whether I have space for anything else today. Making a note of everything in my phone as a task.
- 5 minute stretch (like you did in gym class), then move on for a 10-15 minutes meditation. You can find these on apps like Calm or YouTube.
- Take a nice warm shower, to clear my mind and relax my body for the day ahead.
- Make breakfast and take my vitamins for immune support (Vitamin C, Iron and B12)
Side Note: This is just a guideline of how I start my day. I know many of you might have young children or are caretakers for people in your family, but it's very important to preserve yourself first. So whichever way you choose, creating a routine can make your day more purposeful.
Learn to Disconnect
It's okay to disconnect! Take some time for you. As a parent or caretaker it can be hard to disconnect, but it's important to do so. Whether that means being in the bathroom a little longer than usual, staying in bed a little longer or simply turning off your phone. Just like our smart device or computer our brains get overloaded with information, making it harder to process certain things. So clear your cache to reset your mind as you take on this new day.